TNGDA vehemently oppose the notification of the MCI which is against the service quota in Tamil Nadu.
The judgement by the Hon High Court yesterday (based on these MCI notifications) has quashed the service quota to the service doctors which was given since last 10 years in TN.
The MCI notification for 10% marks maximum of 30% is applicable for a meagre number of remote institutions is grossly wrong and against the merit based selection. For the last five years Tamil Nadu service doctors where given 1%, 2% and 3% marks for Doctors working in remote, rural and other institutions. But 30% marks for remote institutions is a decision against merit and natural justice.
Such huge jump for in-service working in few remote institutions (existing 3% to 10%) with no marks for other categories - is a unjust competition and will be against merit. In future only those doctors in this remote institutions will be getting the PG admissions. This will lead to competition and corruption and out of turn postings for these institutions.
TNGDA demands that the Govt go for an appeal against the single judge and highlight that the existing TN model of service Quota and marks are unique for TN and was highly successful for the last 10 years.
TNGDA resolves the following in emergency State Cabinet discussions.
1. TNGDA has resolved to go for an appeal in this case.
2. All districts to coordinate and file an appeal (in high court) as a group of doctors - from each district (dt off bearers to do)
3. All districts to convene a emergency GB meeting on 18/19th April 2017 to discuss and appraise the members of the situation.
4. TNGDA demands that PG ranking should not be released till the appeal is disposed. In case if ranking is released, TNGDA will go for mass casual leave in all the institutions of the state.
5. As a token of protest TNGDA has called for all doctors to go in Token OP Boycott for 2 hours on 20.04.2017 all over the state.
~~ *Unity is our strength*
▶ State President and State Secretary - TNGDA
Copy of Representation to Govt Made on 18.04.2017
Only TNGDA Life Members can download the files. Contact TNGDA Office bearers / Web admin for details.Download